PURE BOATING LTD 2022
By chartering a boat with Pure Boating Ltd, you are agreeing to the following terms and conditions of hire:
- If you proceed with payment you are agreeing to these, our terms and conditions of hire. It is the responsibility of the Hirer to make sure that all members of the party are aware of these Terms and Conditions of Hire.
- Boats are only hired to members of the public over 18 years old.
- All online and other bookings require payment in full at the time of booking.
- The Hirer can amend the date of the booking before 30 days of the charter commencing without charge, subject to vessel availability. This must be agreed and confirmed in writing, by emailing [email protected] and awaiting a response. No changes to the date of hire can be made online. Changes within 30 days of the charter commencing are at the discretion of Pure Boating Ltd, are undertaken in the same way but will attract an administration fee of £40
- The Company reserves the right not to hire a boat to any person which its staff consider unsuitable to operate the vessel (for example, but not limited to, by reason of alcohol, drug or other ingestion). This remains the position at any time before the charter commences, including at the time of boating. No refund will be given in this eventuality.
- All passengers are required to behave in a responsible manner which ensures their own safety on board. This includes responsible ingestion of alcohol, suitable clothing and behaviour, and action in accordance with the instruction of Company staff. The hirer and passengers must at all times be courteous to other river users.
- The Company will not be liable for any injury, damage, loss, illness, accident or delay to persons or their possessions, howsoever caused, sustained on board the vessel or embarking or disembarking, unless it can be proved to be caused by the neglect or culpable error of the Company or its staff members.
- Buoyancy aids are available on request, are advised and are obligatory for passengers under the age of 12.
- Food or drink may be brought on board by passengers on the strict condition that all rubbish is removed at the end of the charter and spillages and mess cleaned. All boats must be returned in a clean and rentable condition failing which a £40 cleaning charge will be levied.
- The cost of any damage caused to the vessel by the neglect, culpable error or failure of guests to comply with Company staff instruction, will be fully charged for.
- Loss, damage and breakages to any fixtures, fittings or equipment by the charterer or passengers must be reported to Pure Boating Ltd staff at the end of the charter and will be fully charged for, regardless of cause.
- The maximum boat capacity of persons is given to the Hirer when the booking is being made and compliance with that capacity is strict. The Hirer is forbidden to allow more passengers on board than capacity at any time.
- If the Company is forced to cancel due to adverse weather, mechanical breakdown or any other problem meaning that the charter cannot go ahead as planned, an alternative solution will be provided by Pure Boating Ltd. This may be a different boat, venue, date or entrance to a static event. If no alternative can be agreed, then a full refund will be given minus a £40 administration fee.
- All charters must be returned to The Boathouse and on time. A late return of any duration will attract a charge of not less than one hour’s charter.
- Maximum 2 well behaved dogs may be taken on board with prior permission of Pure Boating Ltd staff at a charge of £12.00 per dog.
- No glassware is permitted on board any chartered boat.
- All boats are non-smoking.
Our vessels are governed in their operation by the Maritime and Coastguard Agency and Environment Agency.